ServiceArizona is an authorized service website for the Arizona Department of Transportation. You can conduct Arizona Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) business online, any time from a computer, tablet, or mobile device.
- Vehicle Registration Renewal
- Driver License/Identification Card Replacement
- Driver License Motor Vehicle Record
- Restricted Use 3-Day Permit
- View Personalized/Specialty Plates
- Voter Registration
New: A full-featured online MVD experience is now available. To access the services above and more than 20 others, activate your account at AZ MVD NowAZ MVD Now. It’s fast, secure, and personalized for you.
Privacy and security are our highest priority. Below are some of the steps being taken for your protection:
- All confidential records are kept locked inside an "electronic vault" protected by IBM's most advanced security technologies and among the most comprehensive security programs and services in the industry...the IBM Secureway (tm) line of products.
- All ServiceArizona transactions convert to a secured mode, using encryption through secured socket layer (SSL), as soon as the customer clicks on the icon from the home page. All personal information is encrypted when sent from or received by the customer's computer.
- Professional IBM security specialists have trained IBM's employees on security procedures. These procedures are checked and double-checked by both the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division and IBM's security experts on a regular basis.
- IBM conducts audits of every security checkpoint several times a year. This includes a rigorous inspection of IBM technology, procedures, training and personnel.
For more information, contact IBM at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: ServiceArizona does not collect or share data on Website users for marketing purposes.
There are two types of Arizona Motor Vehicle Records:
- Driver License Motor Vehicle Record 39-Month Uncertified
- Title and Registration Motor Vehicle Record
Driver License is a service that allows citizens to electronically obtain and print a 39 month uncertified copy of their own Motor Vehicle Record.
Title and Registration is a service that allows citizens to electronically obtain and print an uncertified copy of their own Motor Vehicle Record.
The manner in which the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) may release information from its motor vehicle records is regulated by the Federal Driver’s Privacy Protection Act (DPPA), 18 USC 2721-2725, as well as Title 28, Chapter 2, Article 5 of the Arizona Revised Statutes.
Some companies (courts or employers) may not accept an uncertified Motor Vehicle Record. Please check before purchasing an uncertified Motor Vehicle Record.
Note: Anyone who knowingly obtains, discloses or uses personal information from an MVD record for a use not permitted under 18 USC 2721, and anyone requesting the disclosure of personal information who misrepresents their identity or makes a false statement in connection thereto with the intent to obtain such information in a manner not authorized by law, is subject to civil and/or criminal penalties.
The MVR Arizona Driver License service includes:
- Entering personal information.
- Confirming personal information. Note: Please confirm the information you provide before submitting payment; you will be charged $3.00.
- Paying the fee.
- Viewing and printing the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Completing an optional survey.
The MVR Arizona Title and Registration service includes:
- Entering vehicle and customer information. Note: You will be asked to certify that you are requesting your own Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Confirming vehicle and customer information. Note: Please confirm the information you provided before submitting payment; you will be charged $3.00.
- If applicable, selecting the record you would like to obtain.
- Viewing and paying the fee.
- Viewing and printing the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Completing an optional survey.
The MVR Arizona Driver License service only provides a 39 month uncertified record. If you need a certified 39 month motor vehicle record, 5 year certified/uncertified motor vehicle record or uncertified commercial motor vehicle record with medical information, you will need to apply by mail or visit your nearest Motor Vehicle Office or Third Party Provider.
The MVR Arizona Title and Registration service provides vehicle information. There may be more than one record for your vehicle. During the process of obtaining the Title and Registration Motor Vehicle Record (MVR), you may be given a selection list displaying multiple records found. The types of records that can be obtained through this service are:
- Title and Registration - displaying owner information, including the entire title, registration and vehicle record.
- 30-Day General Use Permit - issued when the owner did not have current registration, no plate is on the vehicle or repairs are needed for the vehicle to pass an emission test.
- 90-Day Resident Registration Permit - issued when the owner needed additional time to complete his/her loan and title processing.
- 90-Day Nonresident Permit - issued when a nonresident owner purchased an unregistered vehicle in Arizona for the removal of the vehicle to his/her state of residency.
- For Driver License MVR, your name, Customer/AZ Driver License number, date of birth for individuals, last four digits of your social security number.
- For Title and Registration MVR, your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Customer/AZ Driver License number or individual/company name, date of birth for individuals and zip code.
- A valid Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover credit/debit/check card.
- A web browser that supports Secure Socket Layer (SSL}.
- An ink jet or laser printer.
- 8 ˝ x 11-inch white paper.
For instructions on how to read a 39 month uncertified MVR, click here.
For instructions on how to read a Title and Registration MVR, click here.
Anyone obtaining their own record.
The fee for obtaining an online MVR is $3.00 for each request.
The cost for this service is charged on a per record response basis. For each response provided, the fee is $3.00. Therefore, if the system returns an MVR as a response, the fee is $3.00. If the system returns an MVR response of “No Record Found”, the fee is $3.00.
The “No Record Found” message may display when one or more of the required information fields you entered was not found or does not match with our records:
Driver License "No Record Found" message
- Customer/AZ Drivers License Number
- Date of Birth
- Last four digits of social security number
- Eye Color
Title and Registration "No Record Found" message
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Customer/AZ Drivers License Number or Company Customer Number
- Customer Name
- Company Name
- Date of Birth
- Mailing Zip Code
Yes. Please confirm the information you provided before submitting payment; you will be charged $3.00.
A reprint of the Confirmation/Receipt for your online Motor Vehicle Record transaction can be obtained up to 14 days from the date of your online Motor Vehicle Record transaction. Click here here to reprint your confirmation/receipt.
The Federal Driver's Privacy Protection Act 18 U.S.C. 2721-2725, as well as Title 28, Chapter 2, Article 5 of the Arizona Revised Statutes, specifies that the personal information contained in your vehicle record may not be released to anyone without your consent, except when it is a matter of public health and safety, or when the individual or entity requesting such information is otherwise authorized to obtain it under federal law.
You may pay with credit/debit/check cards. Check cards are linked to checking accounts and are accepted anywhere credit cards are accepted. Debit/Check card purchases are automatically deducted from the linked checking account.
In addition, some Kiosks are equipped with cash and check acceptors.
ServiceArizona is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day with the exception of the following time period:
Transactions cannot be performed during the scheduled maintenance period:
- Between 11:50 PM and 12:10 AM daily
Please Contact MVDContact MVD by phone or email.