ServiceArizona is an authorized service website for the Arizona Department of Transportation. You can conduct Arizona Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) business online, any time from a computer, tablet, or mobile device.
- Vehicle Registration Renewal
- Driver License/Identification Card Replacement
- Restricted Use 3-Day Permit
- View Personalized/Specialty Plates
- Voter Registration
New: A full-featured online MVD experience is now available. To access the services above and more than 20 others, activate your account at AZ MVD NowAZ MVD Now. It’s fast, secure, and personalized for you.
Privacy and security are our highest priority. Below are some of the steps being taken for your protection:
- All confidential records are kept locked inside an "electronic vault" protected by IBM's most advanced security technologies and among the most comprehensive security programs and services in the industry...the IBM Secureway (tm) line of products.
- All ServiceArizona transactions convert to a secured mode, using encryption through secured socket layer (SSL), as soon as the customer clicks on the icon from the home page. All personal information is encrypted when sent from or received by the customer's computer.
- Professional IBM security specialists have trained IBM's employees on security procedures. These procedures are checked and double-checked by both the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division and IBM's security experts on a regular basis.
- IBM conducts audits of every security checkpoint several times a year. This includes a rigorous inspection of IBM technology, procedures, training and personnel.
For more information, contact IBM at email@example.com.
NOTE: ServiceArizona does not collect or share data on Website users for marketing purposes.
- Enter personal information such as name, license number, date of birth and the last four of your Social Security Number. If you do not know your driver license, identification or travel ID card number, you will need your name, date of birth, social security number, street address, eye color and zip code.
- Provide details for the replacement. Possible reasons include:
- Lost, stolen, destroyed, address change, etc
- Mail delivery is via standard mail service
- Option to display which address you want displayed on your license (residential address or mailing address if applicable)
- Change the Driver License or Identification Card number when it is the social security number
- Option to receive information to become an Organ Donor.
- View the fees and provide credit card information
- View and print/email confirmation/receipt or write down your confirmation number
- Optional survey
At this time your Arizona Driver License or Identification Card will be accepted by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) as proof of identity at U.S. airports and other federal facilities.
Customers may possess a customary Driver License and/or Travel ID.
Replacement Driver License, Identification or Travel ID Cards will cost you a state fee of $12.00.
Yes, your confirmation/receipt will print with your photo.
This is a fee that is charged to the owner of a vehicle when the vehicle has been processed by Motor Vehicle Division as an abandoned vehicle. If the abandoned vehicle fee was assessed prior to March 1, 2011, the fee is either $50.00 or $200.00. Effective March 1, 2011, the fee for abandoning a vehicle is either $500.00 or $600.00.
This is a fee of $25.00 charged for a check that has been returned due to non-sufficient funds.
No. Once you have submitted your request for a Replacement Driver License, Identification Card or Travel ID you are not entitled to a refund.
The amount of the check that was issued to Motor Vehicle Division, plus any penalties that might have already been assessed, on a returned check for non-sufficient funds. A non-sufficient fund fee clearance from your record(s) may take up to three to five days to process.
All eligible Arizona residents who currently have an Arizona Driver License, Identification Card or Travel ID with a digital photo on file can use ServiceArizona.
A reprint of the Confirmation/Receipt for your online Replacement Driver License, Identification Card or Travel ID transaction can be obtained up to 14 days from the date of your online Replacement Driver License, Identification Card or Travel ID transaction. Click here to reprint your confirmation/receipt.
- Replacement Driver License/Travel Driver License
- Replacement Identification Card/Identification Card
- Address Changes (Mailing and Residential)
- For CDL holders any address change to the residence address must be within Arizona
- Collect Abandoned Vehicle Fees
- Collect Returned Check Fees
- Collect Amount of Returned Check
- Provide the customer the option to have their Driver License, Identification Card or Travel ID record information released
- Provide the customer the option to change the Driver License or Identification Card number from a social security number to an MVD system generated number
- Option to request organ or tissue donor designation printed on my Driver License, Identification Card and Travel ID.
- For Replacement Driver License, Identification Card or Travel ID you will need your name, date of birth, license number and last four of you Social Security Number. If you do not know your license number, you will need your name, date of birth, social security number, street address, eye color and zip code.
- A valid Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit/debit/check card.
- A web browser that supports Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
No. The photo used for a Replacement Driver License or Identification Card will be the photo Motor Vehicle Division has on file.
Arizona state law does not allow residents to have both a Driver License and an Identification Card. If you do have both, by applying for a replacement Driver License, your Identification Card will be invalidated. This type of transaction can be performed through ServiceArizona.
If you do have both, by applying for an Identification Card your Driver License will be invalidated. This type of transaction requires that you complete a form to cancel your Driver License. This transaction cannot be performed through ServiceArizona. You will need to go to the nearest Motor Vehicle Division Office or Authorized Third Party provider.
- ServiceArizona's Replacement process allows customers to change both their residential address and mailing address on their Driver License, Identification Card or Travel ID.
- For CDL holders any address change to the residence address must be within Arizona
- Motor Vehicle Division has developed a computer system that links all of your records together on each vehicle on which you are listed as the registration recipient.
- Registration recipient is defined as the vehicle owner or registrant who is designated on the MVD database to receive the registration for a vehicle.
- Only provide a mailing address if you want mail sent to an address that is different from your residential address. The residential address cannot be a P.O. Box or Rural Route.
- ServiceArizona will display your complete residential and mailing address (when available) and the date of the last address change on record.
A military address may be entered as a mailing address. However, your resident address must be your Arizona address or active military can have a out of state resident address. To enter a military mailing address you will need to enter the APO or FPO in the City field and AE, AP or AA in the State field.
Customers may possess a customary Commercial Driver License and a Travel ID.
- Enter personal information such as name, license number, date of birth and last four of your Social Security Number. If you do not know your driver license, identification or travel ID card number, you will need your name, date of birth, social security number, street address, eye color and zip code.
- Provide your new address. Residential address must be within Arizona and cannot be a P.O. Box or Rural Route
- Only provide a mailing address if you want mail sent to an address that is different from your residential address
- Verify the address you entered
- Optional survey
A CDL holder may check the status of the DOT physical by going to the following link and completing the request: Click Here,
Nearest Motor Vehicle Division Commercial Driver License Offices (some offices require an appointment). Click Here.
Commercial Driver License Information (some offices require an appointment). Click Here.
No. If you choose to obtain a Replacement Driver License or Identification Card with your new address the fee is $12.00.
Yes, once you have reached 18 years of age.
You cannot change your name through ServiceArizona. This type of transaction requires you to go to the nearest Motor Vehicle Division office or an Authorized Third Party provider. Additional documentation is required for this type of transaction.
ServiceArizona Replacement Driver License/Identification Card allows customers to select either their residential address or their mailing address to display when requesting a duplicate Driver License or Identification Card.
If you select standard mail delivery, your duplicate will be sent to the mailing address on file with the Motor Vehicle Division.
There are eight reasons for requesting a replacement Driver License, Identification Card or Travel ID through ServiceArizona. These reasons are lost, stolen, illegible, destroyed, extended expiration date to age 65, remove under 21, address change, or change the Driver License or Identification Card number when it is the social security number.
If your Driver License is going to expire within the next six months, you will be required to renew by the expiration date on your credential. You still have the option of requesting a Replacement over ServiceArizona, or you can go to the nearest Motor Vehicle Division office or an Authorized Third Party provider and renew your Driver License license.
CDL holders must go to the nearest Motor Vehicle Division Commercial Driver License Offices to renew their CDL license. (some offices require an appointment).
You will receive your Replacement Driver License or Identification Card within 15 days.
No. The Replacement Driver License, Identification Card or Travel ID will look like the original except it will display the new issue date and any minor updates (address change, SSN removal, under 21 removal, etc).
Upon receipt of the Replacement Driver License, Identification Card or Travel ID, the original must be destroyed. The most current Driver License, Identification Card or Travel ID must be used for proof of identification.
You will be given the option to change your Driver License or Identification Card number from your social security number to a Motor Vehicle Division system generated number.
The Federal Driver's Privacy Protection Act specifies that the personal information contained in your Driver License or Identification Card record may not be released to anyone without your consent, except when it is a matter of public health or safety, or when the individual or entity requesting such information is otherwise authorized to obtain it under federal law. However, during the replacement process, you may consent to the release of your Driver License and Identification Card record information to any individual or entity that makes a proper request.
A Driver License, Commercial Driver License, Instruction Permit,Identification Card or Travel ID customer may authorize the Division to release their name and address information to the Arizona Donor Registry by checking a box on the application. You may also register anytime by visiting the Organ Donor link or by calling 1-800-94-DONOR (1-800-943-6667) for a registry form.
Select the I want an organ and tissue donor designation printed on my Driver License, Identification Card or Travel ID statement from within the online Replacement Driver License/Identification Card/Travel ID Application. Standard transaction fees apply.
If you would like to have the DONOR ♥ designation removed from your Arizona Driver License or Identification Card, you must go into a Motor Vehicle Division Field Office or Driver License Authorized Third Party provider Office. Standard transaction fees apply. To remove your name from the DonateLife AZ Registry, contact Donor Network of Arizona at 800-943-6667.
You may pay with credit/debit/check cards. Check cards are linked to checking accounts and are accepted anywhere credit cards are accepted. Debit/Check card purchases are automatically deducted from the linked checking account.
In addition, some Kiosks are equipped with cash and check acceptors.
ServiceArizona is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day with the exception of the following time period:
Transactions cannot be performed during the scheduled maintenance period:
- Between 11:50 PM and 12:10 AM daily
Please Contact MVDContact MVD by phone or email.