ServiceArizona is an authorized service website for the Arizona Department of Transportation. You can conduct Arizona Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) business online, any time from a computer, tablet, or mobile device.
- Vehicle Registration Renewal
- Driver License/Identification Card Replacement
- Driver License Motor Vehicle Record
- Restricted Use 3-Day Permit
- View Personalized/Specialty Plates
- Voter Registration
New: A full-featured online MVD experience is now available. To access the services above and more than 20 others, activate your account at AZ MVD NowAZ MVD Now. It’s fast, secure, and personalized for you.
Privacy and security are our highest priority. Below are some of the steps being taken for your protection:
- All confidential records are kept locked inside an "electronic vault" protected by IBM's most advanced security technologies and among the most comprehensive security programs and services in the industry...the IBM Secureway (tm) line of products.
- All ServiceArizona transactions convert to a secured mode, using encryption through secured socket layer (SSL), as soon as the customer clicks on the icon from the home page. All personal information is encrypted when sent from or received by the customer's computer.
- Professional IBM security specialists have trained IBM's employees on security procedures. These procedures are checked and double-checked by both the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division and IBM's security experts on a regular basis.
- IBM conducts audits of every security checkpoint several times a year. This includes a rigorous inspection of IBM technology, procedures, training and personnel.
For more information, contact IBM at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: ServiceArizona does not collect or share data on Website users for marketing purposes.
A 30-Day General Use Permit allows a person to operate a vehicle when no other permit applies.
The 30-Day General Use Permit is printed from your computer printer by following the steps of the 30-Day General Use Permit Website.
The 30-Day General Use Permit is valid for thirty (30) calendar days from the date of purchase. Expired permits must be destroyed. Photocopies are prohibited. You may be cited for the misuse of the 30-Day General Use Permit.
- The first step is to test your printer.
- The second step allows you to enter vehicle and customer information.
- The third step allows you to view the fee and provide credit card information.
- The fourth step allows you to view and print the 30-Day General Use Permit.
- The last step is an optional survey.
The current vehicle owner while arranging for one of the following:
- Sale of their existing vehicle after the license plate/credit is transferred to a newly acquired vehicle; or
- Repairs needed for the vehicle to pass an emissions test.
- Vehicle Information (vehicle ID number (VIN)).
- Customer Information (the most current driver license/customer number). NOTE: A customer number can be an individual number or an organization number. An individual customer number is your Arizona issued driver license or identification (ID) number, or Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) system assigned number. An organization customer number (business, trust, estate or government) is its Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) system assigned number. Click here for more information.
- Insurance on the vehicle for the duration of the permit.
- A valid Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover check/credit card.
- A web browser that supports Secure Socket Layer (SSL) such as Netscape or Internet Explorer.
- An ink jet or laser printer.
- 8 ½ x 11-inch white paper.
- The registration is only valid when printed in 'black and white'.
The 30-Day General Use Permit is $15.00.
Only one permit is allowed per vehicle within any twelve-month period.
The 30-Day General Use Permit, which is the top half of the form, must be displayed horizontally in the lower right corner of the rear window so that it is clearly visible from outside the vehicle. The registration, the bottom half of the form, is to be carried in the vehicle.
When the 30-Day General Use Permit is printed, you will need to cut along the dotted line where specified to separate the 30-Day General Use Permit (top half of form) from the registration (bottom half of form). Tearing may destroy the permit. The registration needs to be carried in the vehicle until it is expired or replaced.
A reprint of the Permit and/or Confirmation/Receipt for your online 30-Day General Use Permit transaction can be obtained up to 30 days from the date of your online 30-Day General Use Permit transaction. Click here here to reprint your confirmation/receipt.
MVD has developed a computer system that links all of your records together. This means that when you change your address on your vehicle registration, it will automatically change the address on each vehicle on which you are listed as the registration recipient and on your driver license.
Registration recipient is defined as the vehicle owner or registrant who is designated on the MVD database to receive the registration for a vehicle.
To change your address, you will need your name, date of birth, and driver license or identification card number. Click here to change your address.
NOTE: Permit will print with most recently updated address on Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) record.
ServiceArizona is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day with the exception of the following time periods:
Transactions cannot be performed during the scheduled maintenance periods:
- Between 11:50 PM and 12:10 AM daily; and
- Between midnight and 2:00 AM each Sunday.
Please Contact MVDContact MVD by phone or email.