- All confidential records are kept locked inside an "electronic vault" protected by IBM's most advanced security technologies and among the most comprehensive security programs and services in the industry...the IBM Secureway (tm) line of products.
- All ServiceArizona transactions convert to a secured mode, using encryption through secured socket layer (SSL), as soon as the customer clicks on the icon from the home page. All personal information is encrypted when sent from or received by the customer's computer.
- Professional IBM security specialists have trained IBM's employees on security procedures. These procedures are checked and double-checked by both the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division and IBM's security experts on a regular basis.
- IBM conducts audits of every security checkpoint several times a year. This includes a rigorous inspection of IBM technology, procedures, training and personnel.
NOTE: ServiceArizona does not collect or share data on Website users for marketing purposes.
In addition to VIN errors, another major cause for mismatches on the MVD Insurance database occurs when customers try to use “out of state” policies to comply with Arizona’s mandatory insurance laws. It is important that your vehicle insurance policy be issued by a company licensed to do business in Arizona. The policy must also be an Arizona-based policy that reflects that the vehicle has been registered in Arizona.
The Motor Vehicle Division obtains this information from:
- Your insurance company through an electronic file (most preferred)
- You when you submit a copy of your insurance card
To ensure that your insurance policy information is recorded accurately, you may mail a copy of your active insurance card to:
- Motor Vehicle Division
- PO Box 2100, mail drop 558M
- Phoenix, AZ 85001
- Entering Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Vehicle Make, Vehicle Year, Arizona Insurance policy number or Binder and Customer/Company information
- Confirming data entered
- Viewing and printing the insurance verification results
- Completing an optional survey
- Arizona Registration document
- Arizona Insurance document
- Customer/AZ Driver License Number
- A web browser that supports Secure Socket Layer (SSL) such as Netscape or Internet Explorer
- An ink jet or laser printer
- 8 ½ x 11-inch white paper
Vehicles in private names (individuals) or company names:
- Vehicle Identification Number, Vehicle Make, Vehicle year
- Customer/AZ Drivers License Number, Company/Company Customer Number
- Mailing Zip Code
- Your insurance company must be licensed by the Department of Insurance to do business in the State of Arizona. Out of state insurance is not acceptable.
- Your insurance company has failed to send your insurance information to the Motor Vehicle Division. They are required to send new policies, non-renewal of policies and policy cancellations.
- The vehicle identification number, vehicle make, or vehicle year sent by your insurance company does not match MVD’s database.
- The policy number displaying on your card/document may not match what your insurance company submitted. Try entering the policy number without the leading or trailing zeros.
|Elsewhere in Arizona dial:||(800) 251-5866|
|Hearing/Speech Impaired-TDD systems only:||Phoenix (602) 712-3222|
Emissions Station Locations or phone 1-877-MYAZCAR
For information regarding plate and fee to owner, click here.